Friday, June 25, 2010

My World

My World
By
R. W. Hampton

Mystical wonders fill the page,
Margin to margin.
Alternate universes,
Mythical creatures,
Ancient heroes.
Anything is possible here
After all. . .
You’re entering into my world now.

Quill and pen,
Then back again,
To the typewriter.
Completed books,
Leather bound.
Characters reach out,
Stimulate your soul,
Make it laugh, make it cry.

Turn the pages and watch the story come to life.
Words surge across the paper,
Painting pictures in your mind.

Let my words reach you in your shell,
Let them break your heart and make you weep,
Let them make you laugh so hard you can’t breathe.

I shall weave you a world of magic and mystery.
Overflowing with creatures and adventures;
Come into my world. . .
But don’t forget to knock.

No comments:

Post a Comment